Friday, August 26, 2011

Zuppa Toscana Inspired Soup


I'm sharing with you one of my favorite soups of all time!  A creamy sausage soup that is absolutely delicious and a big family favorite at our house.  This soup tastes very similar, if not identical, to Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana soup. We like this soup year round, served with a Caesar salad and fruit in the summer months or inside your favorite mug perched by a cozy fireplace in the winter.  I hope your family loves this soup as much as I do!



Ingredients 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 lb. Italian sausage 
2 large Russet baking potatoes, sliced in half, and then in 1/4" slices.
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 cup bacon, crumbled
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups kale or swiss chard, chopped
2 cans chicken broth 
1 quart water
1 cup heavy whipping cream
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brown sausage and crumble. Drain and set aside.
Place onions, potatoes, chicken broth, water, garlic in pot and cook on medicum heat until potatoes are done.
Add sausage and bacon.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Simmer for another 10 minutes.
Turn to low heat.
Add kale and cream.
Heat thouroughly and serve!
~ Delizioso! ~

Thanks for stopping by :) ~Julie

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to give your recipe a try. I always get the Zuppa Tuscana when we're at Olive Garden. It's my fav. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me what you think if you try it, Charlotte! Thx for commenting :) So glad to see you here, and thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete