Saturday, August 6, 2011

If the shoe fits . . .

Today I was rummaging through a couple of bags of baby clothes in our guest room closet to find some dresses for my youngest, Anna, who is now six months old.  Violet, my second oldest, came to investigate like she usually does.  Violet's two favorite things are hats and shoes.  Faster than I could blink my eyes, she picked up a pair of glittery pink baby shoes, with glee, from the floor where I was sorting the clothes.  She then, of course, proceeds to try them on.  They were only five sizes too small, so they almost fit, right?  Wrong!  But, she had to try nevertheless! ~ This reminded me of the idiom, If the Shoe Fits, Wear It.  Meaning, if something applies to you, accept it.  With acceptance, comes understanding.  Proverbs 2:6 says, "For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding." . . . If we do not accept that we need the Lord, we will not gain true understanding, knowledge or wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment